We know you like to wear your Beauti-Bo jewellery but to keep your pieces sparkling clean, we have a few recommendations.
- Avoid harsh chemicals: Substances like oil, nail polish, nail polish remover, chlorine, and perfume may react with metal/plated jewellery and cause it to tarnish. This is also true for sweat, so make sure you remove your jewels when you exercise or doing anything requiring heavy work and when swimming.
- Keep it dry: Water promotes oxidation, so remove your jewellery before you swim, shower, wash dishes, participate in sweat-inducing workouts…you get the idea.
- Be gentle with your jewels: direct contact with chemicals in hairspray, perfume and cosmetics is sticky and icky for jewellery.
- Store like items together: Do not store gold plated and silver plated jewellery together.
- Polish: Silver is delicate, and, despite our best efforts, it can still get dirty. Use a simple microfibre cloth or special jewellery cloth to clean your goods. Focus on maintaining long up-and-down strokes to clean the jewellery. Be sure to use different parts of the cloth to avoid spreading any tarnish.